The original Church Hall, located at the gates of the church, was built in 1869 as a Sunday School. It served the parish, its people and the community well for generations.
But with limited facilities and in a poor state of repair. The Vestry began deliberations to replace it in 2005.
After considering alternative sites, a decision was taken to build a 2-storey replacement hall on the same site.
Planning permission was granted in 2012. After time-consuming legal issues were addressed and drawn out
negotiations with the Housing Executive for a small piece of additional land were completed, a contractor was appointed.
Demolition of the existing hall started in December 2016, with foundations for the New Hall laid in 2017. After completion in late 2017 the hall was dedicated by bishop Harold Miller on 21st january 2018.
The parish hopes and prays that the new hall will provide a fresh beginning and new impetus.
We thank God for bringing us to this place and blessing us with this new resource.
We want to see it used for whatever needs there are in the parish and for blessing others in the community,
and for assisting in God’s mission for the parish.